One of the main three seasons, the summer season is the hottest season of them all. During this season, we notice the longest days and short nights, where even the water gets evaporated from the water bodies quickly due to the heat. The essay on the summer season is critical because this is when students in India generally get an extended summer vacation. Knowing about this season will help them understand the season better, and they will also cope with it seamlessly.
Summer Season Essay Writing Tips & Guidelines
Before you begin writing an easy, there are a few tips and guidelines one must keep in mind in order to curate their best piece of work. Below mentioned tricks would not only ensure you build an excellent essay, but it will also help enhance your writing techniques. What are they? Let’s find out.
- In an essay, the first paragraph is of utmost importance as that will catch the reader’s attention. If your first paragraph becomes bland, the reader will soon lose interest and not read the whole thing.
- When writing about the summer season, give an introduction about what the season is all about. Give a brief background and history of the season.
- You are writing this essay as a part of your curriculum. Therefore, use a formal tone and avoid the use of slangs.
- You can also take examples of places, dates, and more if you think it will enhance your essay.
- You can make use of sub-heading to give your essay a better structure.
- Don’t make use of jargon if not required.
- Your paragraphs must be structured appropriately. Meaning, don’t go for too long paragraphs.
- You can also make use of bullet points when you are presenting facts or a chunk of information.
- Conclude the essay on the right note. Abrupt endings are not appreciated.
- Always read your essay before you submit it to your teacher.
- While writing an essay on summer, add your own stories and experiences to ensure it looks more authentic.
Summer Season Essay Starts from Here…
Summer is the hottest season of all across the globe, which comes after spring and before autumn. There is no exact date as to when the season begins as it changes according to the region. However, when the Northern Hemisphere experiences summer, it is winter in the Southern Hemisphere, and vice versa. Despite being the hottest season, it is one of the most enjoyable seasons for most children because this is when they can relax, take a break from studies, and even go on vacations.
Facts About Summer Season
When the Earth tilts towards the sun, that’s when we experience summer and when the opposite occurs, we experience winters. December to February is when the Southern Hemisphere experiences summer, while for the Northern Hemisphere, it is from June to August. During summers, the days are hot and more prolonged, while the nights are cold and shorter. It is during this season that we get a wide variety of exotic fruits and vegetables, which are not found in other seasons. For farmers, it is during summers when they start preparing the land for cultivation. Finally, as we all know, it is during the summer season that we see the sun at its brightest and the sky clear.
Importance of Summer Season
The summer season is one of the most important seasons in our country because this is when most families go out for vacations as schools and colleges in India offer long summer breaks. Hence, it means the summer months are great for tourism and helps boost the economy of the country. This is when graduate and post-graduate students take up summer internships to help them advance in their careers.
What Happens in Summer Season
In Summer, the US and India celebrate their Independence days on July 4th and August 15th, respectively. Also, did you know? The Eiffel Tower in France can grow 6 inches in the summer season because it is made of iron, and it expands due to the heat. And finally, you will be happy to learn that the idea of summer vacation was put into practice by Horace Mann in 1840. He was an educator and a politician, who believed the break would help children rejuvenate.
Reason for Summer Season
Summer begins during the summer solstice when the Earth’s axis gets tilted towards the sun. It is in summer that we experience the longest day of the year. The summer months, June gets its name from Roman Goddess Juno while July gets its name from Julius Caesar, and August is named after Julius Caesar’s son, Augustus. Finally, September gets its name from the Latin word Septem, which means 7.
How to Enjoy Summer Season
While some people are most fond of the winter season, there are some who simply love summers. Apart from the heart, summer season means a long break for school and college-going kids, which means this is the time when the whole family can take a vacation and go to places they have never been before. Most families generally opt for hill stations during this time as the weather is more relaxed there. But apart from that, there are a plethora of other things one can do during summers. They are;
- Join hobby classes
- Go on bike rides with friends
- You can go to the beach to take a dip in cool water
- This is the best time to go camping with friends or family
- Have a picnic beside the lake
- Take swimming classes
- Read novels
- You can lie and stargaze
What are the Kids Indoor Activities in Summer Season
During summers, spending all the time outside isn’t advisable as it gets scalding. Some of the most enjoyable activities for kids indoor during the summer season include;
- Board games, like snake and ladder, ludo, monopoly, etc.
- DIY fort using blankets and sheets
- Playing with balloons at home
- Children can learn cooking
- Learn new skills
- Learn Music
These are just a few things one can do indoors. But the sky is the limit. It is best to think out-of-the-box and do something you like since this is the free time you get.
Why I Like Summer Season
Summer has always been an important season for me because this is the time I can go to my nana Nani’s place. Staying at my grandparents home is always great because they make all my favorite delicacies and treat me like royalty till I stay there. Also, summer is when mangoes come to town. Those yummy fruits are so juicy and tasty that they deserve the title, ‘King of fruits’. Summer is also the time where I enjoy a long break and enjoy time try to re-discover myself.
What is Good about Summer season
One of the best parts about the summer season is the vacations we get to take with our family or friends. A vacation gives us a break from the mundane life we lead and rejuvenates our mind and body. It also gives us time to bond with our family and friends and spend more and quality time with them.
Effects of Summer Season
Summer season is predominantly the hottest of all seasons. So, humans, animals, and birds all become irritated because of the heat. During this season, we feel like staying indoors or spending time in water bodies, such as lakes or rivers. Going out also becomes a problem during summers due to the harsh weather.
Precautions in Summer season
During the summer season, it is essential to take various precautions to stay as fit as a fiddle. They are;
- Drink plenty of water
- Always wear a hat or a cap while going outside
- Wear sunscreen to prevent skin damage because of the sun
- Don’t stay under the sun for long period of times
- Wear loose cotton clothes during summer
Disadvantages of Summer Season
The only disadvantage of summer is that you cannot stay out for long periods of time as staying under the sun is not good for health. Apart from that, summer is quite enjoyable for all of us. It is just the heat one has to deal with.
What to Wear in Summer Season
During summers, it is advisable to wear loose and cotton clothing to prevent any skin rashes and keep you cool. Avoid clothes that make you feel sweaty and are tight. Materials like nylon, silk must be avoided in the summer season.
What to eat in Summer Season
With the mercury levels on high, the scorching heat can actually drain our energy. So, to avoid dehydration and keep ourselves healthy, we must eat;
- Coconut water
- Lemon water
Apart from this, it is also essential that we drink plenty of water. And, summer is when mangoes are in season. So, we should consume this exotic fruit in limit too, causing the body to heat up.
Festivals Celebrated in Summer Season
Festivals that fall during the summer season include;
- Mahavir Jayanti (March-April)
- Hanuman Jayanti (March-April)
- Ram Navami
- Buddha Purnima
Best International Holiday Destination in Summer Season
If you have plans to travel abroad during the summers, it is advised to travel to Bali or Thailand because of their beautiful and exotic beaches or Switzerland because of the mountains and snow. One can also visit Bhutan for its tranquility and Iceland or Germany as the weather there is cooler, ensuring a pleasant stay.
Best Holiday Season Destination in India
Some of the most popular summer holiday destinations in India include;
- Himachal Pradesh
- Leh Ladakh
- Jammu and Kashmir
These places offer cool and pleasant weather, making your stay an enjoyable one. These are some of the most sought-after destinations in India.
To conclude, these were some of the points you can include in your essay to make sure it is detailed and a good read. Try practicing it and come up with your own experiences to make it seem more authentic.
10 lines on Summer Season Essay ( Excerpt)
1. Summer is one of the hottest seasons.
2. Mangoes, the King of fruits, is only available during summers.
3. Due to the heat, it is possible to get dehydrated quickly. Therefore, one must drink plenty of water during the summer season.
4. In the summer season, students enjoy summer vacations.
5. We get to spend quality time with our family during the summer.
6. Since we get holidays, we can travel to beautiful places with our family during the summer season.
7. This is the time when we can visit our grandparents home.
8. During summer, it is so much fun to go swimming.
9. We can enjoy summer staying indoor and playing board games with our family.
10. Summer occurs when the Earth’s axis tilts towards the sun.